Thursday, December 13, 2012

Now What

It's barely been two weeks since my oral defense. What a relief it would be to be done, I thought. Maybe for the first week it was a relief and I think maybe it still is, but I must be addicted to learning.

In the past week I've

  • discovered that it will take me until 2029 to save enough money to pay for an MFA out of pocket (don't worry, student loans will be acquired before then)
  • looked into local graphic design programs and thought of how I could get my current employer to help pay for some graphic design classes
  • considered getting some fitness class training
  • looked into PhD programs in English
  • considered (very, very briefly) some sort of degree in French
  • gathered the information I would need to write an email to the volunteer coordinator at OPL (I used to work with the broken books and there's so much more for me to learn about mending)

There's not a thing on that list that I haven't considered before. I don't know that there's anything you could add to a list of possible areas of learning that would be new to me. I've probably considered pursuing knowledge in just about every area. I'm cool like that.

In my mind I tell myself how nice it is to be done and to have a small break, but subconsciously I must be ready to move on to something else fun and exciting.

I find myself slightly exhausting.

1 comment: