Friday, January 14, 2011

24/24

About a week before I turned 24 (a month and a little bit ago) I began working on a list of things I wanted to do while I was 24. Four weeks later, I made myself focus on my list and have now finally finished it.

Drumroll please . . .

The list!

  1. Read Harry Potter 1-7 in French. And understand it.
  2. Read 200 books I haven't read before. (I've got about 70 stacked by my bed. Just need to find another 130. Suggestions encouraged. )
  3. Run a 5k in less than 30 minutes
  4. Be able to wear all the skirts I could wear two years ago and still have but can't wear anymore cause I was exploring new shapes.
  5. Read the entire Bible beginning to end, Old and New Testament.
  6. Get one of my novels in good enough shape so I can start looking for an agent.
  7. Take art lessons.
  8. Conquer my fear of yeast breads.
  9. Fall in love with something I didn't know existed.
  10. Visit at least five amazing, natural places (e.g., Grand Canyon, Redwood Forest).
  11. Make a jean quilt.
  12. Try a food I have never eaten before.
  13. Do something disgustingly touristy.
  14. Have an amazing conversation with someone I don't know and will probably never see again.
  15. Watch the sun rise from the top of Mount Timpanogos.
  16. Build a kite from scratch and fly it.
  17. Make homemade butter.
  18. Fill a family cookbook with all our favorite recipes.
  19. Buy a gorgeous, impractical dress that I have no reason to own let alone wear, and then wear it.
  20. Acquire a complete works of Johann Sebastian Bach and listen to each piece.
  21. Place 500 pennies strategically where they will either grant wishes or bring good luck.
  22. Learn how to fly down the mountain on one fat stick or two thin sticks.
  23. Make a three-course dinner and a dessert meant to be eaten with fingers only.
  24. Go somewhere awesome I have never been before to celebrate making it to year 25.

Basically this year, er, eleven months, is going to rock!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this list is amazing! And even better than I ever dreamed (yes I have dreamed about your list being revealed) and I'm very impressed! Reading all 7 harry potter's in french? You would be my hero. And just so you know, the best Redwood Forests in the world are in Humboldt, CA... which is conveniently close to me and Jon... if you come to CA I promise to take you there. We wanted to go camping there last year anyway and if you don't want to go camping we can make other arrangements :) Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few questions:
    1. If you finish #5 does that count as 66 books for #2 or 2 books or just 1?
    2. #10 - What standards are you using to define "amazing"? If a location is listed on the National Parks Services website is that good enough? Also, does completing #15 count towards #10.
    I've got more questions but I'll save them for now... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am so my list is likable.

    Stephanie, if you make time to go to the Redwood Forests with me, I would find the time and a way to get out there. I don't know when and I don't know how, but I would be there.

    1. Bible = scripture, not book
    2. I am using no standards but my own. If I think it qualifies as amazing, it does. It doesn't need to be on anybody's list. I think fifteen could definitely count toward ten. I will have to seen when I get there.

    ReplyDelete