Wednesday, November 2, 2011

From My Life

I'm signed up to begin my masters degree in instructional design sometime soon here. It's a two-year program. I'm hoping to get it done in one.

I've begun stopping at my local Harmon's each night before work to make myself a cute, little salad with all my favorite salad things so I can eat it for lunch the next day. It's usually about three dollars (except when I want a big one) and is always delicious.

I'm taking art lessons. I've gone to four so far. I'm as bad as I always knew I was.

I've decided to become the stir-fry queen, with powers to whip up a stir fry like nobody's business. I've made two so far, with ingredients like fish sauce and sesame oil and lots of garlic. No bottled sauces or prepped vegies for me. They are pretty much fabulous.

This place gives a wicked awesome workout. I was sore enough that I wanted to cry every time I sneezed for about five days. I had a cold. The first class is free (the only one I've been to).

I finally finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. This Thanksgiving marks two years since I started reading it. Yes, it was that hard for me to get through. I enjoyed his writing; it was the story I struggled with. (Did you know I've always had a thing for Hamlet? A passionate dislike kind of thing?)

I'm signed up for NaNoWriMo. It's day two and I don't have any idea what I'm going to write.

Banana cake is delicious with burnt butter cream cheese frosting and looks rather elegant in layers with large frosted rosettes in a ring around the top. Lemon cake should be eaten more often.

I'm considering taking belly-dancing lessons. Fabulous, sexy abs guaranteed.

My sister, mother, and I sewed the awesomest halloween costumes ever. No lie.

I'm spending a lovely week in Paris near the beginning of next year sometime. Non-stop flight all the way. If only I could afford first class.

I am a season subscriber to the Utah Symphony. I've heard them play both Beethoven's ninth symphony and eighth symphony. This weekend is symphony no. 7. I'm stoked.

I need to find some sort of class for writing personal essays.

I have decorated my cubicle at work with a discount shower curtain from T.J. Maxx. A million times more fabulous than those fuzzy, gray walls (affectionately know as Luther) and cheap enough that I can switch it out as often as I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment