Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Morning

I'm staying in Park City this week with my family. Park City is slightly closer to work than home is. I showered last night after a fabulous dip in the pool. That, combined with the shorter drive, meant I didn't have to get out of bed until about the time I usually leave for work.

The moon was high and nearly full, there were beautiful tufts of clouds skidding across the sky, and the pinks and the blues highlighted the lines of the mountains. It was gorgeous.

I didn't grab breakfast before I left (when do I ever, really?) and didn't have much to eat at the office. I decided to go with applesauce and protein water. Not the best breakfast, but enough of something to get me through the morning. I was in the middle of my ritualistic protein water dance when the top of my water bottle popped off, dousing me and the carpet in pink. I'm super glad it hit me and missed dear friend Camilla.

The splash pattern on my light gray skirt was rather fantastic, but I didn't want to wear it all day. And that's how I ended up in the bathroom in the basement of our building standing on my tiptoes next to the counter so I could get the entire front of my skirt in the sink.

And while I was standing there, with the front of my skirt in the sink, I couldn't help hoping just the tiniest bit that somebody with a fabulous sense of humor would walk in.

1 comment:

  1. Why was I not in the office today?!?!?! I so wish I had been the one to walk in on you (not that I have a fabulous sense of humor or anything).

    ReplyDelete