Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Cleaning

According to Goodreads I am currently reading seven books. That doesn't count the book that's sitting on my shelf from OPL that I need to get read. I also probably have five or six books sitting around that I've started at one point and haven't gotten around to finishing. But they don't count. There's no official record that I've started reading them and I'm keeping it that way; seven unfinished books is more than enough for me to deal with.

It's time to do a little spring cleaning, time to get serious about reading my seven unfinished books. I feel I should give myself a date to have my currently-reading list cleared about by, but that really doesn't work for me. I know I could get them finished by a specific date, but setting a date will make it more likely that I won't accomplish getting them all read by that date than if I don't set one (don't worry—it doesn't make sense but I know myself well enough to know it's true).

I have updated my blog to include a widget from Goodreads that shows some of the books on my currently-reading list. The plan is to read all of those (plus the two or three I actually do need to get read in the sometimes near future) before beginning any other books.

Let the Goodreads spring cleaning begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment