Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

This is my favorite time of year. Thanksgiving is almost better than Christmas. Food and family without all the  stress inherent in Christmas. Why is stress an inherent part of Christmas? I hereby swear not to allow stress to overwhelm my holidays.

Should be easy. My oral defense is later this week. Everything else will be far more manageable once I've gotten that taken care of.

I did some schooling over the long weekend, but mostly it was all food and family and movies and popcorn and late night pizza. I made myself a bracelet just for fun and visited a quilting shop where they give a free fat quarter to first time visitors.


We've already eaten our way through most of our leftovers and we've got plans underway for using up the rest of the turkey. Tonight it's baked pasta with turkey. Tomorrow night we're having wild rice turkey soup.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love that you appreciate Thanksgiving so much. I definitely love the holiday too, maybe more than Christmas. But your goal of not allowing Christmas to make you stressed is worthy--let's attempt that one together!

    ReplyDelete