Saturday, November 3, 2012

Some Reasons Why


This is what I did this morning. Can you spot me? Apparently they occasionally sneak pictures and post them on social networking sites for all the world to see. Fabulous Anna and I have been rather faithful as of late. Don't be too impressed. At the end of class with our bodies sinking into the carpet (why do they want us to sink into the carpet when we finish? because our exhausted bodies aren't worth anything else?), Anna told me she was definitely getting less flexible and I told her it was consistent because I was sure I was less fit. With my right cheek and half my nose squished by the floor and my achy muscles crying all over, I briefly considered spending the next few weeks (or the next few forevers) being as committed to not going as I have been to going. Bleh.

I've spent somewhere between 8 and 10 hours today working on my master's thesis. I've been breaking only for essential things. Like lunch. And dinner. I'm *this close* to being done. Less time than I've put in today ought to finish it up, but I have no desire to work on it anymore. Ever.

These are some reasons why saddling up and getting 'er done is worth it:

  • After I finish I won't have to work on it again. Ever. Just like I want.
  • No more tuition payments.
  • It will be the end of time wasted because of my thesis. So often of late I haven't allowed myself to do things because I ought to have been working on my thesis, but I had no desire to work on my thesis, so instead I would do nothing at all.
  • After I finish, I can refer to myself as Master Meg. I'm thinking of having a nametag made up. Maybe with a Marvelous thrown in for good measure?
  • I won't have to spend my days on the computer working and my evenings and weekends on the computer schooling. I sort of detest my computer.
  • It's November and November is Nanowrimo. I've told myself that as long as I have thesis work to do I can't do any Nanowrimo-ing, which means I am currently about 7,000 words behind.
  • I've given myself permission to buy a new pair of boots in celebration after I've finished this thing up. Anything under $200 is fair game. A slightly ridiculous amount since my shoes are more often clearance $10 buys than anything else. Or maybe I'll buy two pairs of boots. And a scarf. And maybe some gloves.

All good reasons. Off I go to do some more thesis-ing. I promise I'm not kind of crying about it.

1 comment:

  1. I will totally call you Marvelous Master Meg because you will have earned it. And I can't wait to see the reward boots!

    ReplyDelete