Thursday, March 28, 2013

I Thrive

While driving, I passed a car with a vanity license plate. It said, "I Thrive."

In general I'm not a big supporter of vanity license plates. They don't often say things that are worth paying extra for, and I can't think of how I would want to label myself for anybody who happened to be driving past. That's also why I don't believe in bumper stickers (aside from how they make your car look cluttered and slightly unkempt).

If ever there was something generally known about me by those who knew me and those who didn't, I would want it to be that I thrive. I want to spend my life not just living, but thriving. I want it to be written in my face that I thrive. It shouldn't matter where I am or what I am doing, I should be thriving wherever I am.

How does one thrive? There have been times in my life when there's been no question of my thriving. There have been other times when I felt my life had stagnated. I don't know what the difference was but I'm determined to find out.

Because, quite simply, I thrive.

1 comment: