Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beautiful Idaho


These lovely ladies and I have been buds for about two decades now. They've been a significant presence in nearly every part of my life. We've gone through elementary-age, parent-supervised sleepovers, to walking 'off-campus' (across the street) for lunch in Junior High cause we were just that cool, to boys and dates in high school, through college and classes and degrees, to grown-up things like jobs, marriage, and home-buying.

It was about 1:00am on the last night of the weekend that we were spending together. We were sprawled across the couch and the floor and were talking about everything and nothing as if we hadn't just spent the past 36 hours talking at each other with hardly a break. It occurred to me then that these ladies and I are tied together for life, mostly because that's what we've chosen for each other.

And then I felt really lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks so much for posting this. I feel pretty lucky too! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! And so true. Good friends are the best.

    ReplyDelete