Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Live Brilliantly

July was official breakdown month of 2013. Literally, the whole month I was cranky, crabby, headachey, and pretty much unable to deal with my life.

The first weekend in August I took off to spend some time with my besties from public school. It was a perfect weekend. We did nothing but hang out, watch movies, eat food, and talk until the wee hours of the next morning. I came home feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on August. August was going to be perfect. Less than six hours after I got home, July was back. Except in August. I spent the next two days feeling overwhelmed and overdrawn and completely unable to deal.

Well, I'm over it. I woke up this morning and decided enough is enough. Official breakdown month 2013 is over and done with.

I have a whiteboard in my room. In high school I worked out my calculus problems before copying them onto paper. In college it served as a scheduler and a means to keep important life things from getting lost. After college it collected magnets from my travels. Now, it's more a reflection of my state of personal growth. I use it to remind myself of things that are important, my goals, my intentions, the things that are going to help me to be a better me.

As of this morning I have a new reminder to myself. Live Brilliantly. It's written in eye-catching purple. It's placed so I can't help but notice it as I walk out of my room. Each time I see it out of the corner of my eye I smile. Yes, thank you, I think I will live brilliantly.

I've got this.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, this makes me sad! But also happy, because now you're going to live brilliantly! I love that. Kaiser out here has commercials that say "live long and thrive" and they also have banners in their parking lot that say THRIVE. It always makes me think of you. I hope life gets better from here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! "Live brilliantly." That's awesome, and I totally want to use this slogan for my life, too!

    ReplyDelete