Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Best Kind of Vacation

The plan was for me, at this very moment, to be inside Mesa Verde National Park enjoying its wondrous beauty. Unfortunately our not so wondrous national government decided to shut down. Not impressed government, not impressed.

The only way to get into Mesa Verde was to become a national trespasser. Sounds kind of fun, huh? Too bad I lack national trespassing skills.

So, I'm doing the next best thing.


Staycation!

PS I finally finished The Pickwick Papers. It took me about seven weeks to read it. I love Dickens. Why does it take me so long to read anything by him? He mucks up the works every time leaving me with a massive backlog of books. I had to return a pile of about half a dozen books to the library because Dickens refused to let me get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment