Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Disaster

Somehow, I made it past yesterday.

Yesterday everything was a disaster.

There were no disasters. Everything was
as it always is.

But my mind and my heart said everything is
a disaster.

The world was heavy in my hands. My actions,
small and futile.

Hopes? What are hopes.
Broken pieces of dreams pricking hearts, a
reminder of nothing.

Dreams? What are dreams.
Misguided and empty. Broken promises of a
new tomorrow without disaster.

Yesterday there were no disasters.

Just a mind and a heart struggling against disaster.

Still, I made it past yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, and it so describes some of my days as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, Meg! It's so applicable to how I've been feeling lately.

    ReplyDelete