Monday, April 16, 2012

Perfect Monday Mornings

I'm hopelessly addicted to Monday mornings. I know I already covered this topic, but I can't help mentioning it again.

This morning was beautiful. I got up long before the sun rose to drive to work. The sky was painted with gorgeous, pastel blues and pinks and the air was just cool enough to feel crisp and clean. Beethoven's sixth symphony (my personal favorite) accompanied my drive. Everything was perfect.

It didn't matter that I had so much work to get done in the first four hours of work that I couldn't possibly get it all done, even if I spent each moment working on at least four things at once. It didn't matter that my schooling has basically come to a halt as I try to work through some serious blocks to my progress. It didn't matter that I'm behind on everything else with no good reason. No reason to stress or worry. Things will get taken care of soon enough.

Monday mornings help me realign my priorities. They remind me of what is really important. There's nothing better for starting the week than a Monday morning.

Some other things from my morning:
  • I got an email from pinterest informing me that 229 people repinned my pin. I laughed out loud at how funny that is.
  • My uncle, one of the most intelligent persons I have met, left me a facebook message asking if I would read books with him with the intention of speaking intelligently about them once we finish. He even left the first choice of book up to me. I'm still in shock (also ridiculously gleeful) that one of the most superior minds I've encountered would seek out intelligent, thoughtful conversation with me. Can you say serious intimidation? (Preliminary reading considerations include Imagine, Quiet, The Beginning of Infinity, and The Elegant Universe. Thoughts?)
  • I opened the refrigerator to find we had oodles of home-whipped cream leftover from last night. I guesstimate how much we'll need based on my own whipped cream consumption which, apparently, leads to gross overestimation. That means lots of home-whipped cream left for me to snack on. Yum.
  • I did a presentation at work that I was scheduled to do a few weeks ago. I missed it so I could take care of my mother. I think it went well despite serious misgivings and my tendency to say the same thing over and over again in different ways. (I really need to work on that saying the same thing in different ways. It's a problem.)

2 comments:

  1. I love that your perspective is so clear. Even with the craziness of your life right now you can still take the time to enjoy what early Monday morning brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That is hilarious about Pinterest. I love getting those ridiculous emails.
    2. Why would you ever doubt that your uncle would want to have intelligent, thoughtful conversation with you? I would like the same, only I would be the other half of that conversation so I'm not sure I would describe it as thoughtful or intelligent.
    3. I'm jealous of your whip cream consumption. Maybe in my next life I won't have a lactose intolerance?
    4. Your presentation was awesome. I consider myself lucky that I got to be there to witness it in person.

    ReplyDelete