Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Life (which apparently consists of nothing but food and books)

Brown butter pear upside down cake for breakfast. Two slices. I love my life.

Ma used this recipe to make it. It's delicious but not amazing. We will be playing with it to make it amazing because I know this cake can be incredible.

Sunday Ma and I used six heads of romaine lettuce and and two heads of iceberg lettuce to feed roughly sixty young adults a main dish salad. We came home with probably half a head of lettuce, just enough for Ma and I to have salads. Monday we used three heads of romaine lettuce and half a head of iceberg lettuce to feed five family members (including ourselves) a main dish salad. Nothing was left.

I spent two hours browsing the nonfiction section at the library yesterday. I barely made it down one row of books. They are long rows, but not that long.

I didn't check out any books.

One of the books I flipped through was a guide to getting a good night's rest. This one, I think. It had a variety of suggestions with a two to three page explanation for each. I only read a couple of the suggestions but I put one into practice last night. I did a slow dance with myself before climbing into bed. I felt like a champion when I yawned the first time. Then the yawns came faster and I ended my dance by curling up on the floor because I was just so ready to sleep. I hardly had to lie awake before falling asleep last night. It was pretty much amazing. Also, super weird. Loved it.

I have 13,000 Nanowrimo words left to write. I could have been finished already but I only sat down to write once in the past week and a half.

Ma declared months ago that since there was only the three of us (Ma, Pa, and me) that we would not be cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I'm proud of her for making such a declaration.

In two days we will be having a giant dinner with turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and roasted vegetables and sweet potatoes and rolls and three different kinds of pie.

My Thanksgiving weekend reading list:

No comments:

Post a Comment