Monday, December 9, 2013

IT Guys

Sometimes you have IT issues that nobody can fix except one particular person who happens to be out of the office for an entire week but only after the IT guys who can't fix it spend two weeks telling you there's a problem because of how you're trying to log in so you have to wait for the IT guy that can fix it to come back from being out of the office after you've jumped up and down and done cartwheels and stood on your left foot for three hours at a time to prove to the not helpful IT guys that you are not the originator of the issue.

Of course, in an instance like this the issue happens to be one that makes your job uber difficult and you need it fixed right away because your coworkers are getting tired of you coming to them begging for help because they aren't having the same issue.

Then the IT guy that can fix it comes back and does his IT magic and suddenly your IT issue is gone as if it never happened and your world is filled with rainbows that drop tootsie rolls and muddy buddies and gummy watermelons which are all far superior to skittles and nobody really wants a skittles rainbow anyway.

Your message of thanks because everybody deserves a message of thanks when they are the catalyst for non-skittle dropping, life rainbows.

Dear IT Guy,

It works! Thank you.

Sending you hugs and kisses, but only the chocolate kind cause otherwise that would be weird.

Thank you so much!

Me

Some time later you go into your work email. (It's sometime later because now that your IT issue is no longer an issue you're busy trying to take care of all the things you've put off so you're focused and haven't noticed your email.) The IT Guy's response.

Phfsh! Whichever is more convenient for you . . .  ;)

And then you just kind of feel weird about the whole thing.

Except I don't actually feel weird about the whole thing because that's the response I'd expect from an anonymous IT guy that I will likely never meet and will probably not communicate with again who just happens to be the only IT guy employed by my place of work that can fix my IT issue and with whom a rapport was established through the scanty back and forth communications about my IT issue consisting of such things as 'Could you check to see if you're still having issues?' and 'Yes, I'm getting the same error message I was before,' and 'Lemme check things out and I'll get right back to you,' so instead of feeling weird I just smile at my computer like an idiot because that's why I love IT guys.

And then I worry that I maybe should feel weird about the whole thing. I mean, the IT guy just gave me permission to hug and kiss him. Shouldn't I be worried about this? Nope! I leave the feeling weird to you and will continue to crush on my IT guys.

1 comment:

  1. TOO good. I love it. I think it's the winky face that should make you nervous.

    ReplyDelete