Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tyrant

Ma flew to New York this morning to help care for my sister-in-law as she recovers from her surgery. Ma will also be watching her three, adorable, New York dwelling grandkids. Lucky Ma.

With Ma gone, I'm in charge on the home front. Do you know what happens when I'm in charge on the home front? Stuff happens.

The Little Brother comes home in three weeks.

Ma comes home in two and a half weeks.

I forced my father to sign up for evernote this morning. Through text message. Like this: If you do not have evernote on your phone or iPad please add it so I can share with you.

(When I navigated to my sent message just now, I was pleasantly surprised to find I said please.)

I've been toggling all morning between work and evernote, creating lists for each room, adding things to do when I think of them or I get a text from Pa.

I also intend to create a calendar on a currently unoccupied whiteboard with all the days left between now and then. Each day will house a list of the things for use to do. If we get something done earlier than the day it was planned for, we can slot something else in it's place.

There is no end goal. We will do as much as we possibly can with the time that we have. We will not run out of things. Nor will I let either of us slack. There are things to be done and we must do them.

I'm basically a tyrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment