Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Countdown to Awesomeness

I am an expert at the art of countdown. I count down to everything: the beginning of a semester, the end of a semester, Mondays, my morning alarm.

Most of the time I can't help myself. Most of the time, I see a calendar or a clock or some other countdown device and my brain does the calculations and then I just know and I can't help but countdown. But sometimes I count down on purpose.

I have begun a new countdown--a countdown to awesomeness.

I am the proud owner of a paper chain with 25 links. Each link is a step in my countdown. Each step will take time, effort, dedication, and discipline. Sounds rather disgusting, doesn't it?

My deadline is October 21. It's gonna be hard. I'm probably going to hate my life at least a little pretty much every day between now and then. But I'm gonna do it.

Don't get in the way of me and my awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you shared your chart and love of countdowns with me. you are going to be cutting those paper links off in bulk, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete