Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Christmas in May

I placed my first online order for fabric. I was very, very nervous. I wanted to see my fabric, feel it, look at the colors all lined up. Physical stores didn't have the fabric I was looking for. Really, I had no other choice. The online fabric store has a 30-day return policy, and will pay return shipping. If my fabric was awful, I could send it back and they would pay for it.

My fabric came in a very dirty package. I was so excited to open it up. It was like Christmas. I knew what was inside, but I hadn't seen it or handled it and I didn't know if it was really going to work. I checked each cut carefully for blemishes so it could be returned if needed. The fabric was in perfect condition (despite the sad state of its packaging) and I was pleased with how the colors coordinated.


They did send me the wrong fabric for one of my cuts. One of the problems with ordering online, I suppose. You can't actually see the fabric they decide to cut for you. I contacted them that same day and they are sending me a new cut of the correct fabric (fingers crossed) and told me to keep the fabric they had sent me accidentally.

I'm happy enough with my purchase that I might try ordering from Fabric.com again, even when I'm not looking for piles of Christmas fabric in May.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I got to be the one you visited fabric stores with beforehand, so I could witness the gradual discouragement that resulted in the "very, very nervous" aspect of this story. Also so glad that no travesty resulted! (I'm interested to see what you decide to do with the incorrect cut.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fabric is all super cute! My sister, Michelle orders fabric online a lot, but I never have. I'm too nervous. And I have so many ideas just with the fabric at Bevs that it will keep me occupied for a while :)

    ReplyDelete