Thursday, July 18, 2013

Romantic Interludes Over Oatmeal


This is what the parents kitchen currently looks like. It's going to be beautiful when it's done. Until then, eating is a rather difficult proposition. The parents are taking it in a stride. Mostly they just don't eat.

I thought it was pretty humorous a few years ago when McDonald's started serving oatmeal for breakfast. I've since decided it's pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Since Monday, I've started each morning by heading down to my local McD's and ordering myself some delicious oatmeal. The same curly-headed order taker has been there every day but one. This morning they were slow with the person's order two cars ahead of me. Curly-headed order taker decided to be friendly. He leaned out the window and started flirting.

Ah!

I probably should have been rude and rolled up my window, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing. Happily, the electrician ought to be done in the kitchen today; the power can come back on and I can start microwaving my own oatmeal. Microwave oatmeal is a serious step down from McDonald's oatmeal (I'm a stove top kind of girl), but it doesn't come with any flirting. Just my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment