Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas

What did you get for Christmas?

I got a pot. I purple, cast iron, enameled pot. My mother picked it out for me and I love it. It's frivolous enough that I wouldn't have gotten it for myself, but it's purposeful enough that I'll be able to use it for years to come. In no time at all I will be a maestro with enameled, cast iron pots. Particularly the purple ones.

I also got a calendar from my brother's family. It's beautiful. Prettier than I knew a calendar could be.

Other than that there were only the basic things in the stocking. The peanuts and orange, the toothbrush and nail clippers. A simple Christmas with nothing more than what I can love.

Oh. And I gave myself a book. It is important to have new reading material on Christmas day because there's nothing better on Christmas than curling up with a blanket next to the fireplace and reading a new book while you sip wassail.

I didn't read my book yesterday. I was too busy with family and food to bother with reading, a Christmas first. That says better than I can how perfect a Christmas it was. I felt loved and spent time with the people I love. There's nothing better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment