Monday, December 30, 2013

Saturday Morning

Saturday I spent the entire morning in bed. I ignored the world and everything in it until early afternoon.

I was reading.

Once upon a time I used to spend many a leisurely Saturday morning in such a fashion. Then I grew up.

I have come to a determination. It is high time to grown back down again.

In honor of this determination, I've painted my fingernails blue.

There was a beautiful bottle of blue nail polish in my stocking along with the usual stuffers. Ma's stocking included a bottle of beautiful brown. Even Santa knows I need to grow back down again.

I feel deliciously happy each time I see my new, blue polish, even when I've only just caught a hint of it out of the corner of my eye. Since I see my fingernails quite a lot in the course of a regular day, I've spent most of the past two days feeling deliciously happy.

This is why the world is full of colors. Colors = happiness.

I feel quite pleased with the progress I've made growing down. To ensure no backsliding into adulthood I believe I must spend the coming Saturday morning lost in a book.

Yes, I think that would be just the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment