Thursday, January 23, 2014

Perfect Road Trip Snacks

I've been practicing the art of road trip snacks for as long as I can remember.

I packed pretty much perfectly for Phoenix.

This is what I took:

  • carrot sticks
  • celery sticks
  • cherry tomatoes
  • cheese sticks
  • boiled eggs
  • yogurt
  • triscuits
  • several pieces of homemade bread
  • peanut butter
  • apples
  • almonds
  • these cookies
I was quite pleased with how well I packed our snacks. The one thing I meant to do but didn't find time for was making some stove-top popcorn to bring along. Add that to the list and it's the perfect pack of car snacks a person could want.

It should be noted that these are just snacks. I haven't yet conquered the art of meal eating in the car, particularly for a two or three day drive. With such great success in snack packing, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I succeed in the art of meal packing.

A note about the cookies. They were delicious and didn't need frosting, as the recipe suggests, and the dough was yummy. Also, sprinkles. I love me some sprinkles. I used red sanding sugar sprinkles that have been in my mother's pantry for about as long as I can remember. Not my first choice but I got a point for using them up (see no. 9 on this list).

I'm deliriously happy to have a sugar cookie recipe that is easy and delicious, doesn't require copious amounts of time in either the refrigerator or the freezer, and is intended to be shaped as drop cookies. No rolling out for me followed by endless frosting of cookies. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment