Sunday, January 22, 2012

Art Class

I'm taking an art class. My teacher rents out classrooms in various locations around the valley and does an open art workshop. That means that in any given class there are people of all different levels working in different mediums. I'm kind of in love with it.

I've had maybe six classes so far (one every two weeks except I didn't go to class at all in November or December). Here are some of the things I've drawn over the past couple of months representing a slow progression. A couple of the drawings are incomplete; sketching is more mentally exhausting than anything I have ever done before. A two hour class period is about my limit. Even so, I'm getting better, I think.

And yes, I did sign the last one. I did it in class just yesterday and my teacher said it is important to get in the habit of signing my work. (I had to try hard not to laugh in her face. Who knew I would ever be in the position to legitimately sign pieces of artwork?)





2 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm so impressed. I took a drawing class at BYU and my first assignment was to draw a Kleenex box. I got so discouraged I finally just wrote "Kleenex" on the box so everyone would know what it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. What a fun talent to cultivate!

    ReplyDelete