Monday, January 30, 2012

Two Fabulous Weekends; One Fabulous Me

Weekend 1
Friday night spent on homework (I'm hoping to get my second course done before the end of next week). Art class Saturday. Lunch with the fam. Saturday night at the Utah Symphony listening to Beethoven's 5th Symphony and a cello concerto commissioned from composer Michael Jarrell specifically for the Utah Symphony by the music director, Thierry Fischer, and played by the French cellist Jean-Guihen Queyras. Did I mention the composer is spending the week with the Utah Symphony, helping them prepare to play this concerto?

Weekend 2
Living it up in Vegas with Lindsay B. You know, the usual Vegas things. Walking down the strip, eating delicious food, doing some shopping. Oh, and hanging with Romney at the Nevada caucus and hitting up his victory party if he wins.

Ahh!

If I hadn't decided last summer that I wanted to hit all of Beethoven's nine symphonies this season, I would definitely be going to Vegas. As it is, I'll probably be hanging around here this weekend, but part of me is crying just thinking of missing Weekend 2. Alas, there is only one fabulous me. I'm pretty jealous of pu1-me (parallel universe 1) for spending this weekend in Vegas. She and pu1-Lindsay B. are sure gonna have a good time. *Sigh

So much awesomeness; so little time.

1 comment:

  1. They DO both sound amazing. Isn't just the worst when awesome things come at the same time and you have to make judgment calls?

    ReplyDelete