Friday, October 26, 2012

One Small Piece at a Time

I'm in love with the way I smell today. A strange thing maybe, but smells are important to me, and the way I smell is particularly important. I'm obsessed with chewing gum, not because I love gum but because I will not be caught with bad breath. I got out a new bar of soap this morning and it smells delicious and so now I smell delicious.

I've been organizing my world one small piece at a time. I would prefer to make some rather large changes, but it seems the big things are out of my control. I've stopped thinking about them and am instead concentrating on the things I can do. Like organizing my bathroom drawers.

There's lots of information and videos online about how to organize your bathroom drawers. Who knew, huh? A lot of it wasn't helpful. Turns out my bathroom needs are pretty sparse compared to the. I purchased three of these in different colors. Because they were made to keep things from sliding they don't move around in the drawer even without adhesive and they keep my things from sliding. I now have perfectly organized bathroom drawers with a bit of sunshine and happiness tucked inside.

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year. In true celebratory fashion, I got my first cup of hot chocolate. It was delicious, a treat I don't often allow myself these days. I've been eating healthy. I mostly only consume the right things these days but not enough of them. Another part of my life I can bring into order. My dear friend M.C. told me about how much using a chore chart has helped her bring order to one small piece of her life.

So, I made myself a chart, a healthy eating chart. It reminds me how much of each yummy thing I need. Each day I can cross stuff off according to my levels of consumption. Or, if I'm feeling creative I can practice coloring in the lines.


Pretty fun, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did this! It turned out fabulous. I might commission you to make one for my cleaning chart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chart looks so fun! I want to use it too!

    ReplyDelete