Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How the Ma Tricks the Dental Hygienist into Singing Her Praises

Setting: Dentist's office

When the scene opens Ma is sitting on a brown leather couch cleaning out her purse.

Door between waiting area and back offices opens.

Dental Hygienist: Miss Ma?

Ma: I have a confession to make.

Dental Hygienist: Oh?

Ma: I never floss.

Dental Hygienist: You never floss?

Ma: Never.

Dental Hygienist: Well. Have you flossed at all in the past six months?

Ma: A few times.

Dental Hygienist: That's a good start. Do you think you could floss once a week?

Ma: Oh, I definitely floss once a week.

Dental Hygienist: That's not never! Do you floss twice a week?

Ma: Yup!

Dental Hygienist: Hm. How many times would you estimate that you floss each week?

Ma: I'd say I floss at least five times every week.

Dental Hygienist: Five times a week! That's great! That's not even close to never!


By employing these skills of stealth, both Ma and the dental hygienist are happy, and Ma doesn't get a scolding for only flossing five times a week.

Is Ma a genius? Yes, I think she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment