Sunday, June 9, 2013

National Doughnut Day

June 7 is National Doughnut Day. There's only one way to celebrate National Doughnut Day: eating hordes of doughnuts!

Lucky for me, I have the bestest Big Brother with the coolest fam, and they were up to the challenge.


New baby Mr. A is not pictured. He's a little small for doughnuts. Also, I'm pretty sure he was napping.

It's nice to know that my family loves me enough to celebrate important holidays with me. I get pretty serious about my holidays.

I also took a couple of books for Ka, my twinner sis-in-law, to read. I'm like that. "Hi, friend, it's nice to see you. Here, I brought you this book to read." And no, they don't know it's coming. The only warning sign is the one or two books in my hand, but I carry books around so often it's hard for people to know if they should be hiding from my books or not. It's fine. Except I had already given Ka both books to read and she had read them.

That awkward moment when you realize you're too old to rely on your memory because it's just not what it used to be.

Looks like I'll be keeping a list for her: Books I've Made Ka Read!

2 comments:

  1. How fun to have another avid reader in the family :) And I guess Jon and I should have waited a few days to make our turtles in a hole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Weg, you are the best! Thanks again for the doughnuts....they were enjoyed well into the night and even the next morning!

    ReplyDelete