Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Home Again Home Again

I returned home late last night after two weeks of adventuring. I'm tired and head achy and so ready to be home. I could languish in my bed for a week straight and not be done with it, I think.

At this point, languishing in bed is probably the best option. I've exhausted my small wardrobe, even with doing laundry halfway through. Part of that may be due to the fact that several of my clothing items feature strings, spots, and blotches of spit up. The next three days will be spent sitting in my pj pants, doing laundry. Have I mentioned I'm not a very dedicated laundry doer and it takes me a bit of time to get it all done?

I thought about counting up how many times I ate ice cream in the past two weeks but I don't think I shall. I will tell you that my favorite was definitely the black raspberry, marshmallow topping milkshake that I didn't share with anyone. Yum.

This trip has been instructive. I desperately need an ereader. I took eight books with me and that was not even close to too many. At the end of my flight yesterday, I had read seven and a half. Do you have any idea how impossibly heavy eight books makes everything? Ugh.

My body is already mourning this return to the desert. When I woke this morning I could feel the dryness creeping up on me, making my hands rough and scratchy, the skin across my face taut, my lips powdery white, my throat parched and achy. My body feels betrayed. Why would you do this to me!?

The best part of being home? Sleeping in a real bed, in my very own room, with a door between me and everybody else. Ahhh. The sheer luxury of it is nearly mind-boggling.

Welcome home to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment