Thursday, February 9, 2012

I played two truths and a lie at work recently. I have been moved into a different position and all of us on the new team were getting to know each other.

I have never liked this game. (1) I find it difficult to come up with two truths and a lie. (2) I hate guessing other people's lies. I don't know them. That's why we are playing a get to know you game. Except this game reinforces looking at people stereotypically since the only method you have to guess the lie is to scrutinize them as they are telling their two truths and a lie. Do they look like the type of person that would bust their leg while mountain climbing? (3) Nobody remembers anything about people from the game anyway so in the end, what is the point?

But it's cool.

These are the silly things about myself I came up with. Can you spot the lie?

  • I received several shots of cortisone in my wrists during high school to help with pain management.
  • I own an iPad but haven't downloaded any games.
  • I own maybe a dozen or so signed books from authors currently living but have not met them.

2 comments:

  1. I was there so I can't make a guess. But can I say that I just don't like getting to know you games in general? They feel so forced. And I'm terrible at this game because I'm an awful liar--which only seems to be a bad thing the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is number three! Because I remember you saying something about not necessarily caring so much about authors signing books, and I'm pretty certain the other two are true. Do I win a prize? :)

    ReplyDelete