Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Poser

As in, I am a

I visited two corners over the weekend. Artist's Corner and Runner's Corner (do you think I would get thrown out of the corners if they knew I was visiting other corners?).

At Artist's Corner I talked with my mother about the benefits of large containers of powdered graphite and the reasons for the various levels of softness I was considering.

At Runner's Corner I purchased some super legit running shoes. It was a process. It started with the lady putting me in some running shoes and watching me run. They have a track that goes around the inside of the store. Apparently I'm a pretty neutral runner. She went in the back and brought out nearly a dozen pairs of shoes for me to try on. There's a sidewalk that circles the outside perimeter of the store. I ran around it six or seven times with a different shoe on each foot.

I felt super overdressed in my jeans and t-shirt. Pretty sure everyone there knew I was nothing but a poser. Note to self: dress down next time I hit Runner's Corner.

Also, happy Valentine's Day. I'm celebrating this momentous holiday by going to subway with my fam to get footlongs for dinner. Apparently they are all only five dollars during the month of February and my ma is uber excited about it.

Note to M.C.: I love you to pieces and I gave good, old v-day a shot, but it's just not gonna work. Maybe I'll try again next year but for now, v-day and I are definitely at odds with each other. Our disastrous attempt at heart-shaped cake pops may or may not have had something to do with it. :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the cake pops have anything to do with Valentine's Day. However, they were a complete and utter disaster! Oh well. Thanks for trying. Maybe ask if Subway has heart-shaped sandwiches? Just for me?

    ReplyDelete