Friday, March 23, 2012

I Want to be Guy

I have never had any desire to go to Sante Fe. I've actually never had any desire to go to New Mexico. And then came Guy.

I saw this segment on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives." When they were first talking about the food it didn't seem to be anything special. Delicious, yes. Special, not so much. And then they started talking about how they prepare their food. I'm just about dying with want of going there. If I had a bucket list, this would be on it. Near the top. Probably in the no. 1 spot.

It wouldn't be too bad of a drive. According to google maps it would be about ten and a half hours. Not only is it not too long of a drive, the journey would take me through parts of this great land that I haven't seen. It's all about patriotism, I tell you. Getting to know my country.

Doesn't it look like great fun?


Ten and a half hour drive for smoked salmon quesadillas—totally worth it.

PS Really, I want to be Guy. How is it that he managed to snag himself a job where he flies around the country eating amazing food? Best job ever.

PPS Is there anything else worth seeing in Sante Fe? Not likely. It is New Mexico. I suppose that means I would be taking a nice, hearty road trip just for the food. Sounds fantastic, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't New Mexico have like a hot-air balloon festival or something? That might be some lame cliche, but it's all I really know about that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DDD! You're right. How did Guy land such an awesome gig? Have you gone to Blue Plate Diner on 21st and 21st? It was featured there and lives up to the hype! That might tame your appetite for New Mexico. :)

    ReplyDelete