Friday, March 2, 2012

This is my new best friend.


Except without the straw and the lid. But he sits in my cup holder just like that. We go everywhere together. My mother affectionately refers to him as my super big barf. We're basically a match made in heaven.

I'm considering acquiring a double of him so I can keep him on my desk at work. I don't know that a double would be quite as useful though. It's when I get myself, food, and motion all mixed up together that my super big barf has the best chance of fulfilling his purpose. However, there have been some close calls that have had nothing to do with motion, so perhaps a double would be useful after all.

Unfortunately for him, I'm currently working on a plan to make him completely unnecessary in my life. Not because I don't love him, but because I don't love the constant nausea.

My first plan was to just stop eating. I don't know how long I could realistically maintain that. Even if I managed to maintain it effectively, food (which I've come to find out is vicious and vindictive) would win in the end since food would continue being and I would not.

Instead I'm seriously restricting my diet. Yogurt and berries and bananas and white toast and juice. I had some white rice and chicken gravy last night. That seemed to sit okay. The itsy bitsy slice of homemade pizza with piles of delicious vegetables? Not so much.

Also, I'd really, really like to avoid seeing the doctor. I don't have anything against doctors in theory, but I like to keep my life and their practice as separate as possible.

Good news is, I ought to be nice and skinny come Kelly's wedding.

Image found here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, though...skinny at the cost of your health? Maybe a doctor wouldn't be such a bad idea after all...

    ReplyDelete